10/13/14

09.22.2014 - Autumn Equinox

Fall…we don’t really have that here haha I kind of miss that. Definitely survived the rain here…loved it actually. :) I don’t think that’s a sign that you need to be released…I think it’s a sign you need the calling longer! :) I like those four things that she mentioned in her talk. They are definitely true. 

Becca didn’t tell me, but that’s awesome!!! Yay :) I can’t wait. I’m so proud of you for going to the Relief Society activity and for mingling and talking with people! I’ve had to get better at that too while I’ve been on my mission because Hispanic people are definitely good at that. They greet EVERYONE! When is the recommendation due? Yes I can go onto BYU…but if I don’t have to register until the 27th, do I need to? I will need a place, and probably the sooner we find it the better. I want to room with Sister Chavarri because we will both be back for winter semester. So if you could find some place with two beds open…probably south of campus, but not too far from it. I’ll get Sister Chavarri’s sister’s information so that you can coordinate with her.
                
This week has been really good. Trying your best to work diligently always pays off and is so rewarding. :) Tuesday was good! I went on splits for the first time in my entire mission. We’ve had people come out with us before, but that was the first time that I went with a member and Sister Linford went with another one. And it went really well! The member that came with me was a great fellowship for Mercedes…and I think it got her one step closer to wanting to come to our ward! But that will probably be after she is baptized anyway.
                 
Wednesday we went to choir practice…it was weird to think that I wouldn’t even be here to sing the music that we were practicing. Sister Linford will be though so that’s why we still go. We had a lesson that night with our 8-year-old investigator, Lizeth….man is she hard to keep focused. But we managed to make it work and made it through the lesson! She’s really a sweet kid and it’ll be great when she gets baptized.
                 
Thursday was busy. We visited Edith. She is the sweetest. We can’t leave her house without her feeding us and giving us bags of food and clothes to take home with us. She was doing really well that day and talked our ear off. :) Which gave me comfort that she is healing. We had Choir that night and the performance went well. The Andrades finally came after weeks of trying to get them there. I had another music practice afterward, so Sister Linford went with a ward member and gave them a tour of the temple grounds and the reception area. I can’t wait until they get sealed.
                 
Friday was largely consumed by weekly planning…it was good though because we got a lot done and it was really effective. Then we had the ward party that night. Dia de Hispanidad! It went well and the food was good of course. We left early because the second half of the night consisted of a dance…can’t really participate in that and we had another musical practice. Seriously…special musical numbers for days. It’s a little ridiculous at times, but good and I love music so I’m not really complaining. :)
                 
Saturday we were on exchanges and it was a pretty adventure filled day. We had an appointment in the morning with our investigator Maria. Her house is a little sketch to get to and after the rainstorms, it’s even worse! I’m talking, more than just a pothole! There are just these huge parts of the road that fell in. So it’s pretty tricking, but we managed to maneuver or way in and out. Unfortunately we did not accomplish it unscathed. We came home after and ate lunch and studied Spanish. We were headed out for our lesson with Edith and Sister Lattin was backing me, but then she said that we had a flat tire. So I got out and looked and we did have a very flat tire….we couldn’t drive on it and our appointment was in 7 minutes. Luckily, the other sisters got home right then and they drove us to our appointment. Then Edith drove us to our next one at 3. (Which was another music practice.) Then the sisters picked us up and brought us back to the Barn and the elders met us there to change it. I know how because of that one time it happened to us, but the vehicle coordinator how already called them and told them to come and they did it faster than I could have. The spare is so dinky though!!! I was worried it was going to give out. We drove to the tire place, but they were closed so we had to wait until today. Fun stuff. :) Then we went to dinner and then our appointment at 6:15, but that fell through. So we finished progress records and went and go to deliver it to the high councilman over missionary work. He lives in this really ritzy neighborhood (I’ll show you it) and I’ve been there before, but only ever in the day and this time we went at night….and I got lost!!! I drove right to it, but apparently didn’t recognize it and kept driving right by it and it’s a really confusing neighborhood…but we finally managed to drive by it again and by the 4th time I recognized it haha. Good times. :)
                 
Yesterday was really good because Patricia said she thinks they are going to get married soon!!!!! Yay! I really hope that happens so that she can finally get baptized. Also, the Carrillos finished there last temple prep class so pretty soon they will be able to get sealed! I can’t wait. :) That will be such a beautiful day. The Andrades didn’t come to church, but they did come to a fireside last night…where they told me that they might start going to the ward that they actually live in…but they promised that they wouldn’t go until after I leave. I don’t really care where they go to church, I just want them to be able to get baptized and prepare to be sealed as a family! They are so great though. Teresa came too and when I told her that I only have 3 weeks left she was very shocked. I’ll have to reenact  it when I see you. Priceless. It made sad though because I can’t imagine not seeing her every day.
                
Things are good. I’m happy. It doesn’t seem real that I only have 3 weeks left. I have to make the most of it!!! Every single moment. I love it so much. And I love all of you.

Con amor,
Hermana Baria