10/13/14

09.29.2014 - Fall Doesn't Fall Here

I’m used to calling you that so I’ll just stick with it. :) But you’re right, I’m sure I won’t be used to anyone calling me by Michelle…that’ll seem so foreign! It’s weird even just typing it haha. My week has been good for the most part! Lots of meetings and a sick day so not too much proselyting, but still good things happened! 

I liked what you were saying at about that year you had in Duluth. I mean, there is nothing wrong with growing up in Utah, but I’m very grateful for the perspective I have from growing up and really having to stay true to the gospel. (not saying that those in Utah don’t, but it’s different.) I wasn’t the only Mormon in my school, but there were still plenty of missionary opportunities. Tell Jacob I met one of his companions from the mission field that just got back too! I don’t know his name, but he’s really tall and has really blonde hair and blue eyes. He is Sister Walker’s cousin and he randomly showed up at the building where we were having MLC so we got to meet him.  Oh I hope he speaks in German! That would be so cool! Please find an apartment for the two of us as soon as you can. J If it’s easier to find a deal with 4 or 6 people…we know other sisters who would be happy to fill those spots. Just let me know! As far as I know you don’t need to wear dresses the whole time…but that might be the coolest option. :) Whatever you want to wear though! And yes, bring your own temple clothes. Don’t worry, I will keep working hard and smiling. :)
                 
Last Monday was Sister Linford’s birthday so we spent our P-day celebrating it. We bumped into the Bishops wife and she gave us a gift card to go to Red Robin. So we went there and to Deseret Book and then to Menchies. :) She said that she had a good birthday! That night we also went and talked with the Carrillos and they are planning on getting sealed on December 12th!!! Can’t wait. :) They gave us Arroz con Leche…delicious. :) It was like rice, milk, and sugar, but better! Maybe they will make it for you when you come. Be prepared to eat a lot!
                 
We had interviews on Tuesday and they were great! I know the first thing that President Nattress said to me was counsel coming directly from Heavenly Father. It was crazy. I hadn’t even talked to President about it, but he told me anyway! He truly is an inspired man. I can’t wait for you to meet him. To make that possible, the plan is to go to the airport Tuesday morning at about 8:30 and visit with him and Sister Nattress for a bit before the new missionaries come and you get to watch us welcome them!! Won’t that be great? So do you want to pick me up from the mission office around 6:45 and then we can go to breakfast and then the airport? Let me know what you think. Tuesday we also went and said goodbye to Edith. We sang God Be With You till We Meet Again. I hope she is back in time so that you can meet her.
                 
Thursday was my last MLC! Crazy. It was all day. I enjoy them, but they sure do take away pros time! I didn’t sleep well the night before and when we got to choir that night I felt really weak. I got a blessing from my District Leader, but being weak and really cold I knew I had a fever and it was already 8 so we headed in. I got ready for bed and got all bundled up and went to sleep. Or tried to rather. That was probably the longest night of my life. I hardly slept. My fever was worse, but the medicine made it go down so I tried to go out, but felt worse and we had to come home. The first time my whole mission that I’ve had to stay home sick just had to come now! Terrible timing. So I slept most of the day and then we went out a little in the evening to go with the elders to give our investigators a blessing and go to the store for jello and medicine. I slept much better that night and was good on Saturday.
                 
Saturday was good. We were busy the whole day with appointments and work so that was a tender mercy after Friday. There was a huge rainstorm too and when we got out of the car and ran to the house we were visiting we got soaked!!! I mean my hair went from straight to curly and my skirt from light to dark green. It was wonderful. We went to the broadcast and it was so great. :) The storm made part of it cut out, but only a little bit so it was fine. I can’t wait for conference this weekend!!
                 
Yesterday was good. Because of a stake split (there is now Queen Creek (me), QC north, QC east, QC south, and QC west!!!) our ward now meets at 2!!!! Not my favorite time in the world because we get out so late, but it was nice to have time to go out and proselyte before church and we actually got a lot done in that amount of time!
                 
I’m excited for this week. :) Especially for conference because it’s my favorite. Things are going well. Mercedes is on date for October 25th and Lizeth most likely for the 11th. I’m happy and sad. I’m having a harder time with the idea of leaving than I thought I would, but I’ve been praying to be ready and at peace and it has been helping. It’s just time for the next stage of my life, right? But not yet…in two more weeks!! I love you so much and am excited to see you as well. Have a wonderful week!

Con amor
Hermana Baria